St George’s Surgery is planning to start Covid vaccinations from a Central Cheltenham site early in the New Year. We will do this in partnership with other local practices and other local agencies many of whom have volunteered to help.
Initially, as per national guidance, we will be inviting those over 80 years old and then over the following weeks younger and younger age groups. This process will continue for several months until all patients over 50 years old or those deemed to be at risk have been offered vaccination. For more guidance please see national websites.
Patients will need two appointments ideally 4 weeks apart.
We plan to send the first letters to patients aged 80 years and over soon but there could be delays.
As there will be up to 2000 people a week wanting to contact our telephone booking line it is very important that we try and steer you towards other ways of booking appointments.
It would be very helpful therefore if you could make plans in advance whilst awaiting your letter:
- Ensure that you have an email system that you or a relative or friend use so that when you get your invite you can email not the practice but a specific email for booking which will be on the letter to confirm you will be attending (We will follow up any patients we have not heard from).
- Please consider making plans on how you will be able to drive or be driven safely to this Central Cheltenham Fire Station 3 weeks apart on the designated date and time during the next few months. There will be a carpark nearby.
- It is very important that the clinic runs smoothly so please ensure all questions are answered before you attend, hopefully by reading the information in you appointment letter.
- We will be actively contacting vulnerable people or their relatives and patients who are housebound to ensure there are alternative ways for them to be vaccinated. Details will be on the invite letter.
- Important – please try not to telephone the surgery regarding the Covid Vaccination clinics. If you have any questions that need answering then please use the links that you will find on the letters.
- Your letter will include your specific date and times of your Covid vaccination and your second Covid vaccination will be booked at the same time. Anyone who can’t attend their appointment date/time will have to wait for another recall letter at a later date, please do not call the surgery.