This is for your flu vaccine only; we will not be doing the Covid booster during these particular clinics. Our website will be updated when we have more information concerning where and when the Covid boosters will be administered, and when they will be available.
Flu Vaccine Clinics 2021
Saturday 18th September and Saturday 25th September 2021
St Georges Surgery
08:30 – 12:30
What age group is this for?
The 65 year olds and over only or if you are 65yrs young before 31.03.2022
Do I have to book an appointment
Yes we are sending out text messages with a link for you to book your own appointment? If you are unable to use this link you will need to telephone the surgery to book an appointment 01242 215015.
Please check our website on a regular basis, we are not expecting any delays in the supply chain, however if there is a delay we may need to cancel clinics.
For all other age groups we will be updating our website soon, please do not call the surgery before October.
Important information please read carefully
Due to the continued threat of COVID, this year’s flu clinic must be run with specific precision to keep you and our staff safe. The following information is aimed to advise and help you so that this flu clinic runs smoothly, and to ensure that we don’t have crowds of patients in a confined space.
We have a limited time to give these vaccines to ensure that the maximum amounts of patients are seen safely and these will be in groups of 6 patients at a time.
Please do not be offended but there will be no time for booking appointments, other vaccines, medication/prescription queries or lengthy conversations with staff, we aim to get you vaccinated safely and quickly and you must exit the back door as quickly as possible, if you are able to.
Wheel chairs will be accommodated through the normal entrance/exits
What you must do
- You must wear a T-shirt or short-sleeved blouse or shirt; we will need to reach the top of your left or right arm (wear a coat if it is cold)
- You must arrive on time not to early and definitely not late
- You must wear a face covering
- You must leave any unnecessary bags behind
- You will be allotted a flu station please try and remember this
- You must exit the back door as soon as you have had your flu vaccine
- You must check our website to ensure the flu clinics are still going ahead the night before; we cannot be responsible for ‘late delivery of vaccines’ this has happened in the past and we have had to cancel a flu clinic.
What you should not do
- You should not wear excessive clothing – taking off layers, jumpers, rolling up sleeves will delay the clinics and you may be asked to move to the back of the queue.
- You should not bring any unnecessary family members with you unless they are carers or you need assistance
- You should not arrive early please stick to your appointment time
- You should not arrive late, this may mean your appointment will be cancelled and re-arranged
What we will do
- Ensure that you are coming into a safe environment
- Ensure that we are following all the Health & Safety precautions
- Text those who have given us a valid mobile number a reminder of their flu stations a few days before their appointment
- Text those who have given us a valid mobile number any changes regarding their flu appointment
Thank you for supporting your surgery
Kind regards the St Georges Surgery team